Mitch McConnell (R)Is the current Senior Senator from Kentucky and the Majority Leader of the Senate. He served as Deputy Assistant Attorney General under President Ford. McConnell previously worked as an attorney. He has a B.A. from the University of Louisville and a J.D. from University of Kentucky.
- What should the federal government be doing right now about Covid-19?
- How would you rate the handling of the pandemic both by Governor Beshear and by President Trump?
- Where do you stand on a second stimulus bill?
- What is the appropriate balance between protecting the economy and protecting people from the coronavirus?
- Should the Supreme Court nomination proceed even when early voting has already started in many states including Kentucky?
- Where do you stand on Roe v. Wade and a woman’s right to an abortion?
- Are you concerned about the integrity of this election?
- Do you believe justice was done in the case of Breonna Taylor?
- What reforms should be made to policing at a federal level?
- How can we make college more accessible and more affordable?
- How will you deal with the job losses from the dwindling coal industry in a way that builds more sustainable and healthy communities?
- How do we turn the tide on the opiate crisis?
- Has Senator McConnell's 30 plus years in office been good or bad for Kentucky?
About the Candidates Video Debate
This Candidates Video Debate is a project of the non-partisan democratizing media non-profit, Informing to Empower. Our mission is to bring transparency, accountability and integrity to a political process now corrupted by political advertising paid for by special interest donors. We do this by empowering citizens to be the change they want to see by easily sharing, with their social and family networks, political candidates speaking about their positions on important issues. All videos are unedited except for start and stop times, providing a pundit-free forum to help voters make better-informed decisions.