is the former mayor of Columbus, GA. Since 2019 she has been a partner at the law firm Hall Booth Smith. Prior to serving as a mayor she worked as a lawyer and as Executive Director of MidTown, Inc. She attended Sweet Briar College and Emory University.
- 1. You’ve faced scrutiny over the local government’s use of prison labor while you were the mayor of Columbus. How do you respond to this criticism?
- 2. DeJesus asks Tomlinson “Recently a video surfaced of you speaking to supporters after your victory over an African-American pastor… Were you suggesting that African Americans aren’t serious about this election or are incapable of having a steady hand to navigate Georgia during this time?
- 3. Dillard Smith asks Tomlinson “Can you speak to your failures in not creating black cultural districts in Columbus, a predominantly African American community?”
- 4. Knox asks Tomlinson “When you were mayor, what outreach programs did you develop to make sure that veterans were adequately served in the Columbus area?”
- 6. What would you do in Washington to try and even the digital divide which impacts online learning in Georgia?
- 7. Should candidates who don’t have children be treated differently in this race? with rebuttal by Dillard Smith